Leaks are hidden from view, but felt by you and your wallet
Are leaking ducts costing you more than you think?
Something most of us never even think about could be costing you a lot more than you bargained for. Whether your home is old or new, you are prone to leaky air ducts. And that puts extra stress on your HVAC system – not mention your wallet.
Did you know?
- Nearly 50% of the average home’s energy bill is spent on heating and air conditioning. Duct leakage in homes costs consumers $25 billion each year.
- On average, 30 cents of every $1 you spend on heating and cooling your home disappears into thin air due to leaky ducts.
- Leaks pull mold, dust and other pollutants into your home, presenting indoor air quality issues and creating and/or aggravating allergy problems.
- Leaks contribute to safety issues relating to backdrafting of gas appliance fumes, auto exhaust and radon gas into your leaving space.
Have you noticed?
- Uncomfortably hot or cold rooms
- Excessive humidity
- Excessive dust
- Musty odors or fume smells
- Increasing energy bills
If so, you probably have leaky air ducts. But now there’s a solution. Aeroseal Duct Sealing is a patented breakthrough technology that tackles leaks from inside out. Developed in the 1990s at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory with funding from the United States Department of Energy, the Environmental Protection Agency, the California Institute for Energy Efficiency, and the Electric Power Research Institute. Additionally, the Department of Energy declared Aeroseal as one of the most beneficial energy technologies for American consumers since the DOE’s inception!.
You can see water leak, but an air leak is invisible. Duct leaks can be difficult and costly to find with ductwork hidden between the walls, floors and ceilings of your home. The older, traditional use of mastic (a messy caulk-like substance) or taping of leaks not only is less effective than Aeroseal, but also can be very labor-intensive and expensive. Other substances break down over time, but Aeroseal sealant does not and even has a 10 year warranty to back it up.
Do-it-yourselfers might attempt their own fixes, but what about those ducts you or your HVAC specialist can’t see or access? Let Aeroseal handle the entire job and you won’t be tearing up your home or worried about incomplete seals. Aeroseal pinpoints and covers leaks, in roughly an hour, from the inside out with a success rate of up to 98%. Aeroseal is the most effective, affordable, and viable method of sealing air duct leaks on the market.
Leaky ducts contribute to
- Loss of cool and warm conditioned air to the outside or unconditioned spaces of your home.
- Even the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems not performing at its best.
- Forcing your system to work harder and wear out sooner, costing you yet more money.
- Excess humidity levels that can lead to costly home repairs.
- Hard to heat or cool rooms.
What are the benefits?
- Airtight savings: The money formerly leaking out of your ducts will stay in your pocket longer.
- Airtight comfort: Your hard to heat or cool rooms will have more even temperatures and be more comfortable.
- Improved air quality: You will see a reduction in dust and humidity, along with fumes and others.
- Reaches everywhere: Seals leaks nearly impossible to reach using other methods.
- You’ll be a small part of a bigger solution: A reduction of the amount of air pollution created from generating less energy.
If you would like a free estimate in your Sarasota or Manatee county home to Aeroseal your ductwork, call Green Cooling Solutions at 941-378-2080 today!